"Self storage has been a huge benefit to my business as I only pay for the storage I need. This website was a great resource for me."
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of any personal information you provide us. This includes information that can be linked to a specific individual, such as name, address, phone number, or email address.
What Information We Collect
In an effort to keep our service as simple and easy as possible, we do not create, use or store profiles of the people that use our website unless they specifically approve this by creating a login account to the site. We only record that information that we reasonably require to do business with you. On all our web pages that collect such data we specifically describe what information is required in order to provide you with the product or service you request.
We collect your information when you:
· Purchase products or services from the Association through our website
· Join up to become a member, or enquire as such
· Submit a review or comment on the website, these will only be published on the website after seeking specific approval at the time of the comment being posted.
· When you visit our site, we record general information about your visit for statistical purposes. These statistics do not contain any personal information.
We may, from time to time, use "cookies" to store your preferences, record session information and collect information on how you visit and access our web pages and newsletters. We collect information on the web pages and newsletters visited by our customers to help us continue to improve our services.
You can delete cookies from your computer at any time (see your internet browser's help menu for more information); however, this will remove all cookies and not just those associated with the SelfStorage.org site. You can individually remove a cookie that connects a property to your shortlist by clicking the remove option when the property appears in your shortlist.
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information only for the purpose of providing our services, linking you with our members for them to provide services to you and communicating with you in relation to in regards to your activities while on our website.
Who We Share Your Information With
We do not disclose any of your personal information to anyone unless you have specifically asked for advice or services from one of our members. Your details are only supplied to those members that you have requested receive the information.
We work with an online payment gateway provider and fraud detection provider to enable secure credit card transactions. We provide credit card information (where applicable) relating to purchases made through the site to enable them to process and screen the payment on our behalf.
We may be required by law to disclose information you provide us. We may also disclose information against someone who poses a threat to our interests (such as customer fraud) or whose activities could cause harm to others.
How We Protect Your Information
To ensure the confidentiality of your personal information, we use security technology and procedures that are regularly reviewed and updated.
Our systems are configured with industry standard data encryption and firewall technology. When you send credit card details and other sensitive information to us over the Internet, your data is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure safe transmission.
Mollom is a free spam filtering service offered by Mollom.com. SSAA uses the Mollom spam filtering service to filter content submitted by users. By submitting content to SSAA you are agreeing to the Mollom terms and conditions outlined below;
Our web service
We operate a web service that tries to determine the quality of messages posted to a website, and particularly tries to determine whether these messages are to be considered as unsolicited messages (also called "spam"). Nowadays, websites that allow visitors to contribute or post comments (such as blogs, discussion forums, wikis, etc.) are flooded with inappropriate commercial messages that are distracting for all visitors, and are sometimes even highly illegal. These commercial messages are often uploaded in an automatic way. Our service screens messages before they are posted to the website.
How it works
When you post a message on a website that uses our service (called "the website" in the remainder of this text), the website's server will first send your message – as well as some information about your identity (such as your IP address, name or nickname, e-mail address and OpenID) – to our server. Our server will then compare your message and your identity details with all elements in our database, and perform several complex statistical computations in order to assess the quality of your message (e.g., spam, abuse, etc.).
If our server then determines that the content of your message is of insufficient quality or constitutes spam or abuse, it will inform the website thereof. The website server may then decide to reject your message, or to provide you with an additional question to find out whether you are in fact a human being, and not a machine trying to send out as much commercial communications as possible. Please note that it is sometimes possible that our server wrongfully determines the actual quality of the content of your message, or wrongfully considers your message as spam or abuse.
What we store about you
We store all information provided to us by the website. This will include, in particular, the following personal data about you (to the extent effectively provided to us by the website): the content of your message, your name or nickname, IP address, user ID, OpenID, e-mail address, URL of your website, and the date and time you post a message.
How long we store this data
Your data is stored in our databases for at most two months. After this period of two months, we can continue to store your data in anonymized way for a period of two years.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data to assess the quality of your message, and to find out whether your message constitutes spam, by comparing your data with all other data of all other users in our databases. Afterwards, we also use your personal data to make similar assessments for all other websites that use our service, as the more information we store in our database, the better we can assess whether a message is genuine.
While we sometimes provide statistical information (trends, numbers, etc.) generated from our databases to third parties, please rest assured that you cannot be identified on the basis of this statistical information.
Note that we hate spam as much as you do – in fact, our service is specifically targeted at removing spam. So, we will never provide your email address to third parties, and we will never send any spam ourselves to you. In most cases, we will not even be aware of your e-mail address.
Also note that we can provide access to your personal data in case of illegal or abusive use, or in case we receive orders from a competent legal authority.
How we protect you
We are bound by the strict rules of Belgian and European data protection legislation, which prevents us from making unlawful use of your personal data. Please note that the website's operator may be bound by other rules, depending on his jurisdiction.
You have the right to gain access to, correct and/or remove all personal data we store about you on our servers. All this is provided to you free of charge. In order to exercise your rights, please contact us.
- We process your personal data on the request of, and for the purposes of, the website you try to contribute to.
- We are bound by the strict rules of Belgian and European data protection. We take all appropriate means to protect your data against unauthorised access and damaging.
- We screen your message and identity (name, nickname, IP address, user ID, OpenID, email address and URL of your website) by making comparisons with other elements in our database, to determine the quality of the content of your message and to find out whether your message is spam.
- We hate spam as much as you do. We will never provide your email address to third parties, or send spam ourselves.
- We sometimes provide anonymous (statistical) information to third parties.
- Your message may be rejected by our service, and may subsequently also be rejected by the website you want to contribute to.
- We can provide access to your personal data in case of illegal use, or when we receive orders from legal authorities.
- We store the content of your messages and other information about your identity during a period of two months. Afterwards, we store the same information in anonymized form for a period of two years, in order to provide our service to other websites.
- You can gain access to, correct and/or remove all personal data we store about you – free of charge – by contacting us.